Church Compensation: From Strategic Plan to Compliance
Just how do you fit together the many pieces of employee compensation so you’re in compliance with government guidelines and your ministry staff is properly cared for?
Elaine Sommerville, CPA, who has worked with dozens of churches, guides you through the steps in easy-to-understand language and based on years of experience with real church leaders dealing with actual concerns about the unique aspects of compensation within a church setting.
"In creating this guide I focused on the questions I repeatedly answer in my practice," explains Elaine. Her authentic approach, combined with her honest desire to help church leaders thrive, makes Church Compensation: From Strategic Plan to Compliance
a one-of-a-kind reference book. In this guide you'll find:
- How to create policies governing areas of compensation.
- Accurate guidance for pastors who face numerous unique rules such as a housing allowance.
- Ways to evaluate and determine benefit plans for all staff members.
- Help understanding all government regulations related to payroll.
- Confidence in how to interpret and apply the rules for deposits, reporting, and withholding.
- Insightful direction on the tax and legal nuances related to church workers.
Piecing the compensation puzzle together correctly is critical to every church. It shows respect for those who have dedicated their careers to ministry and maintains the integrity between the church and accreditation agencies.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Author: Elaine L. Sommerville