Essential Guide to Copyright Law for ChurchesOVERVIEW
An easy-to-use reference for all the copyright issues churches encounter in the course of their weekly activities. From photocopying sheet music to posting Internet content, noted church attorney, Richard Hammar
, explains how to avoid copyright infringement, as well as how to protect the copyrighted works of ministers and staff.
Richard Hammar has years of experience interpreting complex laws that affect churches and clergy. The Essential Guide to Copyright Law for Churches is fully updated and easy-to-understand for church leaders, musicians, clergy, choir directors and other professionals as well as lay leaders. This comprehensive guide should be part of every church office’s library of resources!
Especially helpful is the “Application of Copyright Law to Church” chapter which offers quick answers to the most common questions churches face regarding copyright issues.
- Copyright Basics
- Copyright Registration and the Deposit Requirements
- Copyright Duration
- Transfers of Copyright and Publishing Contract
- Exclusive Rights, Infringements, Remedies
- Defenses to Copyright Infringement
- The Catholic Bishop and WIhtol Cases
- Copyright in the Information Age
- Application of Copyright Law to Church—A Glossary