How Churches Spend Their Money—An Executive Report
Get an inside look at the budgets of more than 2,000 U.S. churches through this Executive Report, which is based on the “2014 Church Budget Priorities Study”. The Executive Report will help church leaders understand what other churches are doing to make certain their spending aligns with their ministry’s unique, God-given callings.
In this Executive Report, readers will learn median and average amounts, plus specific breakdowns based on four different types of church size, on the following:
- Budget sizes;
- Amounts budgeted for 13 different expense areas, including salaries/wages, ministries, missions, and facilities;
- Amounts budgeted by churches within key expense areas, including salaries/wages and ministries;
- Sources of income;
- Giving patterns, and their effects on budgeting plans;
- Capital fundraising;
- Cost reduction tactics used by churches that faced economic pressures;
- Information about budgeting processes, including the key decision-makers churches rely upon, the length of time spent creating budgets, and the type of budget year used (calendar or fiscal);
- Basic church demographics from the nearly 2,200 responses received.