Pastor Professional Pack: Clergy Taxes
Seminary training rarely equips ministers with tax rules that apply to clergy, and church treasurers often don't know about the unique tax laws that apply to clergy. This information gap means ministers and treasurers frequently handle clergy income and the payment of related taxes incorrectly, and they fail to take advantage of the tax benefits that are available to ministers.
Use these downloadable resources to learn essentials on how taxes relate to ministers and churches. This pack includes:
- Employment and Tax Status of Clergy: Learn the importance of the pastor's employment status for tax purposes, a set of guidelines to determine employment status, how and why to have income and self-employment taxes withheld, and several tax rules set up for the benefit of clergy.
- Essential Guide to Law and Tax for New Ministers: Pastors will gain essential knowledge to ensure that their ministry begins with legal and financial clarity and integrity. Read more.
- Understanding Unrelated Business Income: Richard Hammar walks you through how to compute and report unrelated business income. Read more.
- Avoiding Costly Tax-filing Mistakes: A description of several errors that frequently appear on ministers' tax returns and how to handle ministers' taxes correctly. Read more.
- Preventing Top Tax Pitfalls: Learn the background you need on tax laws to know what questions to ask and to evaluate whether your church is in compliance in these areas. Read more.